A new update has been released for Xbox One Preview members that fixes mainly the issues with the store and instant-on mode.
This version has been numbered rs1_xbox_rel_1606.160620-1700 and should be available for preview members to download.
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1606.160620-1700
Available: 6:00PM PDT 6/23 (1:00AM GMT 24/6)
Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.
• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…
• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
• Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.
• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.
• Xbox Universal Store
• You can now Buy, Rent, and Play movies and TV shows from the Store.
• Content discounted for Xbox Live Gold subscribers should now display the correct price.
• Instant-On Mode
In Instant-On mode, when the console enters connected standby, game and app installations in progress should now continue installing.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
• Game and App Saved Data
When launching games and apps, you may encounter a “We can’t save more data for this game or app” error, which sometimes causes the game or app to fail to launch.
Workaround: Hard reset the console.
• Xbox Universal Store
• At this time it’s not possible to redeem a 5×5 code for Xbox Live Gold on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to redeem a 5×5 code for Xbox Live Gold.
• When purchasing in-game currencies, the currencies sometimes fail to appear in-game. Games impacted include World of Tanks, Overwatch, and Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
• Store pages for purchased games and apps sometimes still show a “Buy” button rather than an “Install” button. If you encounter this issue, please submit feedback via Report a problem.
• The Coming Soon section is not currently available in the Store, and will be enabled in a future update.
• Games and Apps
You may encounter a black screen followed by an 0x87e105dc error when launching games or apps.
• Movies & TV
When launching Movies & TV and attempting to play a video, the menu may obstruct part of the screen.
• Payments and Billing
At this time it’s not possible to add, edit, or remove payment options on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in Redstone to manage payment options.
At this time it’s not possible to purchase a Gamertag change on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to change your Gamertag.
• Cortana may take a longer than expected amount of time to use commands like slow, pause, play, mute, and take screenshot.
• Cortana may occasionally fail to recognize a command and direct you instead to a web search.
• Sometimes Cortana reports a poor network connection, when the network connection is fine.
• Searching the OneStore via Cortana sometimes causes her to search the same keyword multiple times.
• See-It-Say-It sometimes fails to turn on when first launching an app, but will turn on after using a voice command from within the app.
• Cortana may fail to recognize the command “Hey Cortana, send a message to <friend>” and be unable to send messages to friends.
• After downloading an app update, the app and all associated content pins will become unpinned from the dashboard. This only occurs once for each app after downloading the latest Xbox One update.
• Pinning content from within apps (TV shows, etc.) is no longer supported.
• My Games & Apps
You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.
• Microsoft Edge
While playing a video, pressing the left thumbstick to enter full screen mode causes Microsoft Edge to crash.
Workaround: Use the on-screen full screen button to enter full screen mode.
The NowTV app may fail to launch.
As we also mentioned yesterday as well, Mike Ybarra also mentioned that the team are aware of issues with Backwards Compatibility and are working on the issue.