Microsoft have released another update to members of there Xbox One Preview Program. There’s a lot of various little fixes that have been implemented and you can see the changelist below.
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160701-2142
Available: 2:00PM PDT 7/4 (1:00AM GMT 6/7)
Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.
• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…
• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
• Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.
• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.
• Movies & TV
Purchasing and renting movies and TV shows is now enabled in the new Xbox Store, and playback of movies and TV shows is enabled in the new Movies & TV app. You can purchase or rent movies and TV shows in the Xbox Store (or the Windows Store or on MicrosoftStore.com), and use the new Movies & TV app to play back content.
When first launching the new Movies & TV app, you will be taken to the home screen which only displays a few items from your collection. To view your entire collection of movies and TV shows, move the left stick on your controller to the left to expose the side bar menu, and select “Movies” or “TV” to see your full collection. On the home screen of the new Movies & TV app, if you select a new movie or TV show to purchase or rent, you will be taken to the product details page in the Xbox Store to complete the purchase.
Movies & TV Known Issues:
• You may have to manually download the new Movies & TV app from the Xbox Store.
• When searching in the Xbox Store for the new Movies & TV app, the app may be listed in the Xbox Store as “Films & TV”.
• It may not be possible to uninstall the old Movies & TV app at this time.
• If you try to purchase or rent movies or TV shows from the old Movies & TV app, you will be prompted with an error.
- My Games and Apps not launching correctly for some users.
- Cortana fixes for Record that and localization fixes.
- Narrator fixes for size of games being incorrect and apps and games out of order.
- Store fix to resolve a crash when changing your Payment instrument.
- Pins reverting to Previous locations is fixed.
- Localization fixes – German fix for Sharing on Xbox Live
- Incorrect battery icon fixed for some users
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
• Xbox Universal Store
• Users may still be able to purchase Xbox 360 backward compatible games from the Store without entering their password when their profile is set to “Lock It Down”.
• Xbox Universal Store
• Token redemption for Xbox Live Gold fails.
• Store pages for purchased games and apps sometimes still show a “Buy” button rather than an “Install” button. If you encounter this issue, please submit feedback via Report a problem.
• Users may still be able to purchase movies and TV shows from the Store without entering their password when their profile is set to “Lock It Down”.
• The “Buy” button for games promoted through Deals with Gold may fail to launch the purchase page, and instead launch the Gold Lounge.
Sometimes after powering on from connected standby and launching a full screen game or app, a black bar remains where content was previously snapped.
Workaround: Quit and relaunch the game or app, or, snap new content and unsnap it.
• Payments and Billing
• At this time it’s not possible to add, edit, or remove payment options on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in Redstone to manage payment options.
• At this time it’s not possible to remove or change payment information associated with pre-ordered games.
Users are allowed one free Gamertag change per account. After using your one free Gamertag change, you will be charged for future Gamertag changes. In the current update, while your free Gamertag change will complete successfully, attempting to purchase a Gamertag change will charge your account, but will not change your Gamertag. Please avoid purchasing a Gamertag change on Xbox One at this time. To successfully change your Gamertag, visithttps://account.xbox.com/ChangeGamertag.
When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.
• Cortana may take a longer than expected amount of time to use the pause and play commands.
• Cortana may occasionally freeze at “Warming up…” and become unresponsive.
• Sometimes Cortana reports a poor network connection, when the network connection is fine.
• Searching the Xbox Universal Store via Cortana sometimes causes her to search the same keyword multiple times.
• See-It-Say-It sometimes fails to turn on when first launching an app, but will turn on after using a voice command from within the app.
• Cortana may sometimes restart and indicate she is “Warming up…” even after recent use.
• When saying “Hey Cortana” on the Home dashboard with a game minimized in the main tile, Cortana may become unresponsive.
Workaround: Hard reset the console.
If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
• My Games & Apps
You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.
• Community Calendar
Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.
How are you enjoying the new Cortana update for those in the program? Enjoying where the new games and apps button is now located? How about the new install tile that shows on the right hand side on the main page?
Few little cool tweaks have been implemented, hopefully there will be some more to come!